Monday, October 19, 2009

A Weekend To Remember

As most of you know, the 3-Day did not turn out exactly as planned. The terrible weather cut our walk from 3 days to only 1 day. Actually, it cut the walk to 1 official day, and 2 amazing "unofficial" walks on Friday and Saturday. We met some amazing people over the course of this weekend. I am still at a loss for words right now. I have no idea how to even begin to explain how amazing this journey was or how great the people we were fortunate enough to meet are. Once I can actually process all my thoughts, I will attempt to write a post that makes some sense. For now I'll simply leave a list of amazing/crazy things from the weekend.

*Friday and Saturday are canceled
*We email a girl named Jennifer and decide to meet her at the Willow Grove mall and walk Friday
*Jennifer and her teammate Sandie quickly become our unofficial teammates for the weekend. (we are a team of misfits)
*Helen, a survivor, and one of the toughest people I have ever met also joins forces with us.
*I dress like an idiot

*Day 2 we go to KOP
*We walk into a sea of pink and everyone is going crazy
*I now have a pink mohawk and look even worse than the first day
*Robyn looks crazy also
*We got to see Joe, www.keepjoewalking.homestead.com he actually remembers us from the get started meeting. He says he's been keeping track of our efforts. (Joe has no idea of the impact this had on us)
*Helen invites us to stay at the Hampton Inn with her. Our team of misfits spends the night together and we leave for our first official day around 6 am Sunday
*I torture everyone reading this by stopping now, without talking about the final day...Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment